E. June HigginsJune 1, 1925 ~ May 18, 2017 (age 91)
E. June Higgins passed away on May 18, 2017 at the Charlton Manor Rest Home surrounded with friends and staff.
Daughter to Carroll and Nellie (Ball) Turner, June was born Elizabeth June Turner on June 1, 1925. She lived in Rutland and Barre, Massachusetts. She married Raymond J. Higgins on August 16, 1955. They worked together at Rutland State Hospital in the Dietary Department. There were devoted to the Citizens Bank Radio and June took the "handle" name of Morning Dove. June was very interested in Native American history. She tried to live her life to the 10 Commandments:
1. The Earth is Our Mother, Care for Her
2. Honor All Relations
3. Open your Heart and Soul to the Great Spirit
4. All Life is Sacred. Treat All Beings with Respect.
5. Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.
6. Do what needs to be done for the good of all.
7. Give constant thanks to the Great Spirit for each new day.
8. Speak the truth, but only of the good in others.
9. Follow the rythms of nature. Rise and Retire with the Sun.
10. Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks.
She loved to make hats for all babies, residents and staff with yarn. She enjoyed arts and crafts and playing cards with other residents and staff of the Charlton Manor Rest Home. She leaves behind three children and two beloved nieces, Sharon and Karen Klimkos of Monongahela, PA.
A graveside service will be held at Rural Cemetery in Worcester, where she will be interned with her husband. Rev. James Chase of Federated Church of Charlton will be presiding. There are no calling hours. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Federated Church, 64 Main Street, Charlton, MA in her memory. May she rest in peace. Shaw-Majercik Funeral Home, 48 School Street, Webster has been entrusted with arrangements.